SkyCreek Corporation is seeking a Senior Production Support Analyst who will report to the Sr. Director of Operations. This individual will primarily support a large customer account in the Cable/Telco/Mobility space and gradually bring on other clients into a scalable support model. The position will exist in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with daily engagement with the client to triage production issues centering around notification delivery. This individual will work internally to manage and organize (with the support of DevOps) repeatable, scalable, and ubiquitous internal monitoring systems to enable immediate reactiveness to issue and where possible, develop proactive strategies to prevent production issues. Success in this position will require an analytical mindset, strong sense of initiative, curiosity to understand the complexities of SkyCreek’s operations, and professional, available, and accountable demeanor when supporting the client.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key Job Requirements:
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the modules, architecture, DB schema, and process flows within SkyCreek and that generate IVR, SMS, and Email notifications across the various types of client notification campaigns.
- Utilizes understanding of SkyCreek’s architecture, client integration points and the client’s business practices to iteratively investigate and root cause production issues/questions.
- Cultivate autonomy to root cause issues independently and when necessary, escalate to the appropriate fix agent.
- Monitor module and applications to ensure notification processing is running BAU.
- Partner with DevOps to provision alerting design, monitoring dashboards, and other various status checks to easily and accurately detect and research anomalies.
- Access and understand error logs.
- Proactively identify process gaps and risks and develop strategies to address those and see those to completion by collaborating with internal and client team members.
- Engage daily with client production support personnel as the first point of contact to advise, triage, and assist with any production events, questions, or research.
- Create “how-to” and “FAQ” documents to empower clients to answer simple and recurring production questions.
- Address questions around production notification results, stats, and reports.
- Develop a broad understanding of the client’s business practices, suggest possible application feature enhancements, strategies, and future needs to iteratively improve production support effectiveness.
- Represent SkyCreek with client outage and production event war rooms.
- Create impact reports / post-mortem analysis for SkyCreek initiated production events including any reports to measure the impact of the production event.
- Assist in warm hand-offs from Dev/QA/BA teams to understand new campaigns and integrate them into the prod support model.
- Review BRDs on internal knowledge repository and engage other key resources to learn about new campaigns, modules, features, etc. newly pushed to production.
- Generate tickets to track production related tasks and manage the priority and resolution of those amongst SkyCreek personnel.
- Document triaging steps for common problems to improve quicker resolution and operational guides for back-up support and other team members.
- Maintain documentation related to production processes.
- The position will require occasionally working evening hours, including weekends and holidays when production issues arise and must be attended to.
- The position will not have supervisory responsibilities.
- The position will receive general guidance on production objectives but will operate with autonomy in response to the client needs and internal operational objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience in Information Technology or equivalent combination of 4+ years of IT education and work experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in an IT Production Support capacity or Technical Business Analyst role.
- Excellent customer service and client management skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to learn quickly.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work calmly and instill confidence while under pressure.
- Strong initiative and pride in ownership.
- Takes the upfront effort to independently research and evaluate the issue before escalating to SMEs.
- Strong time management, organizational, and priority setting skills.
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
- Strong skill in writing/modifying complex SQL queries.
- Extensive understanding of integrated systems with upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Telecommunication experience.
- Automated contact (IVR, SMS, Email) experience.
- Site Reliability Engineering experience
- Cloud centric
- Strong skill in configuring, integrating, and supporting software applications.
- Coding experience in Java, FreeMarker, HTML, SQL, or UNIX
Medical, Dental, 401(k), PTO
Job Type: Full-time