SkyCreek is the leader in delivering sophisticated, proactive mixed-mode contact solutions using IVR, Email and SMS to some of the largest companies in North America, including many of the largest telecommunications companies.
Located in the Dulles Technology Corridor in Herndon, VA, we are an industry leader in automated contact solutions, with an array of voice and data-delivery modules to facilitate two-way communication between a company’s internal, back-end systems and their customers. SkyCreek has developed a suite of Software-as-a-Service (Saas) technologies that are game-changing in that they allow customers to reduce their reliance of external service providers and self-serve their communication needs. We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded Enterprise Sales Executive to help expand our market presence and accelerate our growth.
The Enterprise Sales Executive position is primarily responsible for generating new business software revenue with both existing and new customers. The Enterprise Sales Executive will manage a portfolio of strategic target accounts and will be responsible for business development. The ideal candidate will help develop and execute the go-to-market strategy in collaboration with other SkyCreek teams such as Product Managers, Engineering staff and service delivery personnel.
The Sales Executive will manage the full sales cycle. Responsibilities include prospecting the appropriate stakeholders within large organizations, meeting with customers both on-site and remote; providing subject matter expertise regarding technical issues, advising customers on the suitability of products and solutions based on their technical needs, presenting SkyCreek’s value proposition and solutions, preparing proposals, determining pricing, writing contracts, and providing a warm hand-off to the implementation team.
This position requires an in‐depth knowledge of Software as a Service based solutions and the candidate is a quick learner to understand our service offering. The Enterprise Sales Executive assumes the role of customer liaison and project lead through the solution development, implementation and life cycle management of the product/service developed to meet the business customers’ evolving needs.
This position will report to the interim V.P. of Sales. He/she is ideally located in the Metro Washington DC area, but we will consider remote candidates.
- Contact current and new potential customers, perform telecommunication needs analysis and provide detailed plans to introduce our service offering to meet customer needs.
- Stay current with changes and developments in the communications industry. This includes gathering competitive information on products and services, and sharing this information with the product development, marketing, customer service, and executive teams.
- Demonstrated experience owning sales objectives and quotas.
- Responsible for the initial configuration of all products and services; may require written proposals and/or product demonstrations.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel as required.
- Champion client’s agreement to purchase through order, design, and implementation phases. During this process the Enterprise Sales Executive will interface with, and as needed, give direction to other departments within SkyCreek to ensure customer satisfaction with services provided.
- Develop trusted partner relationships with key customers to retain and grow revenues over time.
- Assist with marketing strategy and sales support.
- Maintain ongoing customer relationships to expand business opportunities.
- Continually evaluate business processes and recommend improvements.
- Participate in revenue budget forecasting and ongoing budget variance reporting.
- Travel as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable in evolving telecommunications terminology and technology.
- Must be knowledgeable about SkyCreek’s capabilities within the limitations of budget and workforce skills to fairly represent what we can offer.
- Must have current knowledge of competitors’ products and service offerings.
- Must have exceptional communications skills (both verbal and written) and a strong drive to help customers with creative solutions.
- Proven success in the development and presentation of sales proposals, strategic services solutions, and success in closing complex technical sales.
- Strong listening and analytical skills are required to determine customer needs and requests.
- Strong presentation skills are required, both in person and via teleconference or videoconference.
- Ability to make sound decisions with the information at hand, with the end goal of customer satisfaction and positive revenue generation.
- Project lead and management experience.
- Well organize; attention to detail.
- History of success in consultative, network or system solution selling to large business customers.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in sales, marketing, product development or related experience.
- Strong background of revenue growth in related position within the industry.